- Pray that the Lord may soften the hardness of your soul.
- Pray that the Lord may forgive the sins you confess to him.
- Don't pray that what you want may come to pass. It does not necessarily coincide with the will of God.
- Pray rather as you have been taught, saying "Your will be done in me!"
- Pray that the will of God may be done in everything. He, in fact, wants what is good and useful for your soul, while you are not always seeking that and only that.
Saturday, November 25, 2006
Wisdom on Praying from Evagrius
From Drinking from the Hidden Fountain: A Patristic Breviary : Ancient Wisdom for Today's World (Cistercian Studies, No 148):
Posted by Amy Welborn at 6:07 AM