Too often we forget that God has a plan that doesn’t quite match up to ours. If our plans and possessions dominate us, we can become very unthankful in life and even feel cursed. But if we die to ourselves and adore God; giving thanks to God in all things, even when we are standing in the flames, or freezing in the ice and snow, we'll find that God has a reason and purpose for everything. As Saint Teresa of Avila said, "There is no such thing as bad weather. All weather is good because it is God's."
How to Get the Most Out of the Eucharist gives you nine concrete steps to help you join your own sacrifice to the sacrifice of Christ as you:
- Serve: Obey the command that Jesus gave to his disciples at the first Eucharist.
- Adore: Put aside anything that seems to rival God in importance.
- Confess: Believe in God’s power to make up for your weaknesses.
- Respond" Answer in gesture, word, and song in unity with the Body of Christ.
- Incline: Listen with your whole being to the Word of God.
- Fast: Bring your appetites and desires to the Eucharist.
- Invite: Open yourself to an encounter with Jesus.
- Commune: Accept the gift of Christ in the Eucharist.
- Evangelize :Take him and share the Lord with others.